Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Circle Quilts

These quilts are about 50" in diameter. The first one was a challenge at the Denali guild called 1-2-3-4-Quilt. You were to make 1 quilt, using 2 fabrics that you received from the guild, adding 3 and only 3 of your own fabrics and make 4 blocks.

The guild provided a batik and a coordinating print as there had been a lot of complaints from members that "you couldn't use regular prints with batiks". Mine was a funky plaid in reds and yellows and the batik was a floral in orange, pink and coral. I added a gold marble, a green stripe and a red mottle. My blocks were the quarter circles. It was a sheer accident, but I love the kaleidoscope effect that happened.




This quilt was donated to our annual fund raising auction. The colors are similar but none of the fabrics in the first one are in this one. In this quilt the colors came out as chevrons rather than the kaleidoscope effect and I don't like it as well.

Will I ever do another one of these? I don't know. I still have the circle ruler so I may. It would be nice to have lots of colors in it so that it would take on a real kaleidoscope look. It's on my "someday" list.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home