Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Trade Winds and Tide Pools 72" x 63"

This is the quilt that I made for my granddaughter, Charlotte, born on the 22nd of December 2008. The block is Snails Trail with light and dark half square triangles at the edge for a border. My daughter wanted a blue and green quilt (hawaii colors of land and sea), but my stash did not contain enough lights and darks in just blues and greens so I added purples and turquoises to the mix. It has approximately 80-100 separate fabrics in the quilt. The picture gives an all over blue cast to the quilt, but I think that is more the lighting than the actual quilt.
I have never seen a snail's trail in this pattern so I called it Trade Winds and Tide Pools as it depicts lots of motion.

Since making it in the crib size for Charlotte, I would like to make it full sized for our bed. I wonder if I ever will?




Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home