Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Grandma's Favorite, Pineapple Lifesavers 45" x 52"

This is the quilt that I made for my grandson Chase in 2004. I used the standard pineapple block with pure "lifesaver" colors set off in black. It was paper pieced in 8" blocks. I did very minimal quilting so that it wouldn't be stiff when he cuddles up with it...interlocking circles in the pineapple blocks, stitch in the ditch on the lattice and a big meander in the border. The border is from a Laurel Burch fabric with zoo animals on it. Unknown to me at the time, my daughter chose the same fabric for the baby book cover that she made for Chase. We must have been on the same wave length at some point when choosing the fabric.






Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home