Tuesday, December 29, 2009

For Legs 60" x 60" c. 1990


This log cabin quilt was made for my husband. He loves the log cabin design and to him a "good" quilt is made out of browns and golds. Since I made it after the 50th anniversary quilt that I made for my folks, it used every last scrap of brown and gold in my stash...which was not very substantial at that time. I had to buy the material in the border. I had trouble matching it, in fact, one clerk said, "You'll never find anything to match those 70's prints." But I came close if you don't look too closely!


Even though there had been articles about dating fabric on antique quilts, this was the first time I realized that it was also true for modern fabric. And then I learned about the color council of America, or whatever it is called that decides on the colors that we get to use.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home