Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Black and White Challenge 51" x 51"


When our guild had a black and white challenge, I decided to do a quilt from the book Strips that Sizzle. I was so sure that I knew what I was doing that I didn't review the directions before I started. I had all my black, white and gray fabrics strips and cut into blocks when I realized that I was supposed to have two sets of colors, one in black and another in whites and or grays. Of course, it was too late to drive to town and didn't have enough fabric left to start over, so I paired the black and white blocks with red ones.
I know that I like it much better this way than I would have just in the blacks and whites. I quilted all of the red blocks in perpendicular lines around the red "path". The black/white blocks have radiating lines out from a center point on one of the edges.
It was interesting to note that over half of the ladies who participated in the challenge used red as an accent color for their quilts.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home