Sunday, January 31, 2010

Earth's Bounty 51x61

The 1st year of retirement I made kits from my stash so that I could do some sewing while we traveled around the country…this was one of the bargello quilts that I made from the kits. I made 15 quilt tops that first winter traveling (all lap quilt or wall hanging size)...but didn’t take along any fabric to make borders out of nor took any materials for backing or batting. So that started my UFO list big time. I still have one from that time that I haven’t finished. This one went to friends as a wedding gift. I quilted it in swirls, then quilted a free verse poem in the border. I forgot to write it down and it was impossible to figure out the writing on the front side since it was on printed fabric, so I had to use a mirror and get it from the back.
"When the smell of damp earth brings delight to your senses, knowing winter's frost will soon be upon each plant and all we have left are our memories and plans for next years bounty."

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home