Sunday, January 31, 2010

Fireweed Summer 50x61

I made this quilt after buying the book Colorwash Bargello. I had lots of floral prints that I bought when I thought that I wanted to do colorwash quilts. When I found out that you cut out a kazillion 2” squares and then put them on a design wall in order to make the quilt I decided to pass. One of the biggest reasons was that my quilting area had no design wall nor a place to put one. When I discovered that you could have a colorwash quilt by strip piecing I was hooked. This one and another were the first of many…and what later made me decide to make up kits for our first year of traveling during retirement. The first one went to a friend for their wedding present and this one I kept.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home