Saturday, January 30, 2010

Rebirth

I did this quilt after Ree Nancarrow’s landscape class for our annual auction for Denali Quilters. It told the story of a forest fire and how, no matter how devastating the fire is, there is a regeneration of the forest from the ashes. At one point I thought of doing the same design but in each stage of regeneration, one with blacks and greys for the aftermath of the fire and then the third one with smaller trees and green quilting threads through the dark earth….maybe someday, but not soon. I was not pleased with the flow of the landscape on this one, but no matter how hard I tried it never came out the way it should…as if looking into the distance. ..which is probably why I tossed the design when I moved. If I ever feel the urge to do the triptych I will redesign it for a better flow.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home