Saturday, January 30, 2010

Window to My World 40x40

I made this quilt after a landscape class from Ree Nancarrow. I think I got an F in the class as I was too interested in putting favorite fabrics in the quilt rather than ones that would make it realistic. Each of the fabrics have a different quilting motif in them, plus the bottom has extended tree roots for each of the trees in the quilt. It was fun to make and fun to quilt. I have made a couple more of them and each one is unique although I have never been able to get the realistic look that Ree does. A lot may have to do with the fact that my fabric tends to be a little on the brighter side, almost surrealistic. Maybe someday I will do one that I could get an A or B on.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home