Sunday, January 31, 2010

Charlotte's Own

I made this “dragger” quilt for my new granddaughter from a panel I bought. It is calendar for the year 2008 called Love Is. Since Charlotte was due to be born on the 20th of December I took the chance that she would come on time (she came on the 22nd) and added wide borders with log cabin blocks in the corners to make the quilt larger enough for her. Even though the panel was from a new line of fabric I had the floral and all other pieces that almost matched perfectly to finish off the quilt. I quilted hearts in the log cabin blocks, a big meander in the borders and echo quilted designs in the calendar itself, adding a gold star around the 22nd of December for her. 

This is the quilt that she can drag around, use as a saddle on the dogs, pee and puke on...and Mommy can't say anything.  Each child needs one of those.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home