Sunday, January 31, 2010

Cathedral Window 9x9

This mini quilt was made the 1st year after we retired. I wanted some type of hand work that I could do in the evenings and on the road( I had already knitted a couple dozen scarves and was going batty). I found a used book on Cathedral Windows and got the bug! After making a half dozen blocks I realized that I didn’t like the hand work, but had worked too hard to just toss it. So I made a total of 9 blocks to make a more pleasing arrangement of “windows” and called it good. I still love the look of this quilt, but hate making it. This one finished at 9” square.  Hand work is just not my cup of tea.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At March 1, 2010 at 8:11 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I sure never saw this beautiful creative side to you in 1958 to 6?. We didn't spend much time sewing! You really have a talent that is awesome....I do not have a creative bone in my ole body!
Georgia aka Herbie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home